Manage Your Health Care Expenses
Get more control over how you spend or save your health care dollars.
With an Aetna HealthFund Health Savings Account, you get the protection of a high deductible health insurance plan. You’ll also be auto-enrolled in a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) that you can use to help pay for qualified expenses.
Health savings account (HSA) advantages
- A health savings account is a financial account linked to a compatible, high deductible health insurance plan
- You or an eligible family member can contribute to your HSA tax free, and the dollars in your account earn interest tax free
- When you take money out to pay for qualified health care expenses including health insurance premiums for sole proprietors) before or after the deductible is met, that’s tax free, too
- You own your HSA. If you change jobs or health insurance plans, the money in your account is yours and can be used in conjunction with another health plan.
- Any money you haven’t used at the end of the plan year rolls over to the next year. You can allow your HSA account to grow over time and use it to help pay for future health-related expenses. You do not lose it.
- If you are age 55 or older (until enrolled in Medicare), you can also make additional catch-up contributions to your HSA
- No set-up fees or monthly administration fee
- No withdrawal forms required
- Access HSA funds via debit card
- Track your fund activity online
How to sign up
Simply enroll in the Aetna HSA Compatible High Deductible Health Plan and you will automatically have an HSA opened through Bank of America.
You will also receive a debit card and a welcome package with additional information to get you started. If you do not wish to set up an HSA, you can opt out by calling Bank of America – or the account will be automatically canceled after 90 days if the debit card is not activated or if you do not enroll online.